Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Captioned Films

Yet another post about Deaf Culture !!!



I was just visiting the AAD website and found this http://www.aad.org.au/info/media25.php



Fantastic news! Now I don't need to dread those Aussie films when they come out on DVD's. This had been a problem for many years whenever an Australian film was made I couldn't really enjoy their films due to lack of captioning in the DVD version.



Like Chopper for example, I had no choice but to bypass that movie when it was in cinemas and wait for the DVD version to be released. When the DVD's were finally available at my nearest video store, I was very disappointed that it didn't have captions. Particularly when there were already a whole smorgasbord of Hollywood (and foreign films) had captions on them.



For once I am pleasantly surprised the FFC had decided to do this and I'm looking forward to building my DVD collection of Aussie films.



Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

fintan said...

good luck , as you see on my blog I have trouble getting them to subtitle British movies onto DVD

http://finllfixit.co.uk